Birmingham Fire Station No. 24
Birmingham Fire Station No. 24 is located at 4613 Avenue Q in the Central Park neighborhood. It serves Belview Heights, Central Park, and Vinesville. Built in 1924, the station was also the original home for the Central Park Library, established in the 1930s.
At some point, the city decided to enclose the original bay and transform it into a day space for the firefighters. The current equipment bays, which face 44th Street Ensley, were added to the back of the building.
- Engine 24
- Birmingham Fire Station No. 24 at Birmingham Retired Firefighters of Local 117 website