Birmingham Travelodge No. 1
Birmingham Travelodge No. 1 was part of the Travelodge chain, billed as "the first motel to locate within the city limits of Birmingham." Located at the intersection of 26th Street and 20th Avenue North near Carraway Hospital, the motel was opened by the Siragusa family in 1948.
The 32-room motel was remodeled and added a rooftop swimming pool and sun deck in 1964.