Bodine Inc. (formerly Bodine, Bryson & Rolling, Inc.) was an office and system furniture dealer representing Steelcase and other manufacturers. The dealership had offices at 2141 14th Avenue South and a warehouse at 240 Oxmoor Court in Homewood.
The company was founded in 1952 by Bob Bodine, Carl Bryson and Fred Rolling, former employees of James A. Head & Company. Carl Miller purchased the company in 1972, keeping Bodine on as a partner. The company moved from 719 20th Street South to 14th Avenue South in 1982. After Bodine's death in 1985 the company shortened its name to Bodine, Inc. Miller's son Eddie took over the company in 1991.
In addition to furniture sales, the company provided design and asset management services, installation, cleaning and re-upholstery.
In 2009 Bodine, Inc was sold to fellow Steelcase dealer DeKalb Office of Atlanta, Georgia. In 2011 the firm moved its showroom to a 9,000 square foot space at 2901 2nd Avenue South in the Martin Biscuit Building at Dr Pepper Place.
- "Atlanta Steelcase dealer buys Birmingham's Bodine." (September 17, 2009) Birmingham Business Journal
- Cooper, Lauren B. (January 28, 2011) "Bodine furniture showroom moving to Pepper Place complex." Birmingham Business Journal
- Bodine website