Burks Pan-Am Service Station

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Burks Pan-Am 1951.jpg

Burks Pan-Am Service Station was a 24-hour service station operated by Jimmie Burks and located at the intersection of 26th Street and 11th Avenue North. The 45,000 square foot site housed six pumping stations and two service bays, along with a retail shop and three heated bathrooms.

The service station had its grand opening on January 19, 1951. The site is now part of the right-of-way for the Red Mountain Expressway.