Cajun Boys & Our Poboys
Cajun Boys & Our Poboys is a restaurant chain featuring Cajun cuisine and New Orleans-style poboy sandwiches. Jack and Michelle Donovan opened the first location behind their convenience store at 3120 Shelby County Highway 52 in Pelham in September 2017.
The restaurant buys its French bread from Gambino's Bakery and its muffuletta rolls from Leidenheimer's, both in New Orleans. It serves Patton’s Hot Sausages from Bogalusa, Louisiana and Community Coffee. The restaurant also serves "Honey's Award Winning Pies" from the Johnny Ray's barbecue chain, which the Donovans acquired in June 2017.
The Donovans joined with Scott and Carolyn Marshall to open a second restaurant, at the Chelsea Creek Center in Chelsea in the summer of 2018. A third location, at 2673 Valleydale Road, was opened in November of the same year, followed by the reopening of the Chelsea store in March 2019.
In 2022 the owners closed the Chelsea and Valleydale Road locations and focused on expanding the original Pelham restaurant.
- Dowdle, Lauren (January 1, 2018) "Geaux Authentic: Cajun Boys & Our Poboys cooks up favorite New Orleans dishes." 280 Living
- Dawkins, Stephen (July 24, 2018) "Cajun Boys & Our Po Boys announces Chelsea location." Shelby County Reporter
- "Metro Bham Cajun restaurant to open second location." (July 25, 2018) Birmingham Business Journal
- Rebman, Stephanie (November 20, 2018) "Cajun restaurant opens along Valleydale Road corridor." Birmingham Business Journal
- "Cajun restaurant opens third Birmingham location." (March 11, 2019) Birmingham Business Journal
- "Cajun Boys & Our Poboys closes two locations." (August 2, 2022) Birmingham Business Journal
- Cajun Boys & Our Poboys website