Camp Horner was an 80-acre campground on either side of the Cahaba River which was used by the Birmingham Boys Club from 1924 to 1952 and by St Luke's Episcopal Church until 1968. It was accessed via Camp Horner Road.
The property was owned by the Birmingham Water Works Board, and leased at the direction of then general manager Harry Horner for a sum of $1 year to the Boys Club. Member of the Kiwanis Club of Birmingham, the Rotary Club and the Lions Club all contributed to the construction of camp facilities.
In 1972 the Water Works board offered the property for sale to Johnson-Rast & Hays. A lawsuit was brought by Walter Coxe claiming that the long-time use of the property for recreational purposes amounted to a declaration of it as a public park, but the suit was unsuccessful.