Cleveland School

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Cleveland School or Cleveland Colored School was an elementary school operated by Birmingham City Schools in the basement of a brick church at the corner of Cleburn Avenue Southwest and 15th Way Southwest in Arlington-West End.

In the 1923 Birmingham School Survey F. B. Dresslar of the U.S. Bureau of Education found the lighting, ventilation and separation between the two classes to be unsatisfactory, and recommended closing the school and merging its 126 students into a newly-rebuilt Princeton Elementary School.

Principals