After returning to Birmingham he worked as a design consultant with residential developer and homebuilder Bill Humphries while pursuing his own artwork. He contributed to the design and decoration of homes in the Monte D'Oro subdivision in Hoover. He and his wife taught at Indian Springs School and he organized a drawing group.
Parker died in 2007 of cancer. He was survived by his wife, two siblings, two daughters, and four grandchildren.
- S. Richardson Hill, Jr statue, UAB
- Tinsley Harrison statue, UAB (1987)
- UAB mace, (1989)
- Charles A. McCallum statue, UAB
- "In Memory of the Six Million", Temple Emanu-El
- "Nike (Winged Victory)", Birmingham Botanical Gardens (1991)
- Chancel Cross, All Saints Episcopal Church (1992)
- Samual B. Barker statue, UAB Mervyn H. Sterne Library (1995)
- Gene Bartow statue, UAB Bartow Arena
- "Discovery", Children's Hospital (2002)
- "Stough Cross", Episcopal Diocese of Alabama (2008)
- Hugh Daniel statue, Daniel Building/Compass Bank headquarters (dedicated 2008)
- "Fear Not", St Mary's-on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church