David Moos is an art critic and the former Curator of Painting and Sculpture at the Birmingham Museum of Art. He is currently the Curator of Contemporary Art at the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto.
Moos earned his bachelor of arts from McGill University and holds a master of arts, master of philosopy, and Ph.D in art history from Columbia University. He has been a contributing editor to Art Papers and Art US and has taught at Wichita State University and the University of Guelph in Canada.
- Galore: The Continuous Painting Wall 1999 Artists who participated in this exhibit include Jon Coffelt, Lydia Dona, Dennis Hollingsworth, Ingo Meller, Thomas Nozkowski, and Leslie Wayne.
- Beatriz Milhazes (July 1 - September 2, 2001)
- Jonathan Lasker: Selective Identity
- William Wegman: Fashion Photographs
- Radcliffe Bailey: The Magic City
- Samuel Mockbee and the Rural Studio: Community Architecture (October 5 - December 28, 2003)
- Eye to I: Snapshots from Birmingham, Alabama, Circa 1960 (October 5 - December 28, 2003)
- Perspectives Series
- Perspectives 1: Willie Cole (1998)
- Perspectives 2
- Perspectives 3: Luis Jiménez (1999)
- Perspectives 4: Dori DeCamillis & Joe DeCamillis
- Perspectives 5: Jessica Diamond (December 3, 2000 - April 29, 2001)
- Perspectives 6: Lawrence Weiner (October 6, 2001 - June 2, 2002)
- Perspectives 7: Stephen Hendee (April 10, 2002 - July 6, 2003)
- Perspectives 8: Lonnie Holley (June 4, 2003 - May 30, 2004)
- Moos, David. (May 1996) "Painting in the Age of Artificial Intelligence." Art & Design special issue. ISBN 1854902326
- Moos, David. Sigmar Polke.
- Moos, David. Samuel Mockbee and the Rural Studio: Community Architecture.
- Moos, David, Jonathan Lasker and Michael Auping. (September 1999) Jonathan Lasker: Selective Identity: Paintings from the 1990s. Birmingham: Birmingham Museum of Art. ISBN 0931394449
- Lasker, Jonathan, David Moos and Rainer Crone (February 1994) Telling the Tales of Painting.
- Moos, David and Rainer Crone (March 2004) Kazimir Malevich: The Climax of Disclosure. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. ISBN 0226120937
- Moos, David (March 1998) Sorel Etrog: Human Traces. Mosaic Press. ISBN 0889625875
- Grachos, Louis, Bruce W. Ferguson, David Moos & David Pagel (December 1999) Postmark: An Abstract Effect.
- De Salvo, Donna and David Moos (June 1997) Forces of the 50s: Selections from the Albright Knox. Cincinnati: Wexner Center. ISBN 1881390144
- Cheetham, Mark, Matthew Teitelbaum and David Moos (October 2005) The Shape of Colour: Excursions in Colour Field Art, 1950-2005. Ontario: Art Gallery of Ontario. ISBN 1894243455
- Moos, David & Jan van Adrichem (September 1999) Philip Akkeman: The Mirrors Secret Den Haag: Center for Visual Arts. ISBN 9073799317
- Holley, Lonnie, Michael Stanley, David Moos and Emily G. Hanna (August 2004) Lonnie Holley: Do We Think Too Much? I Don't Think We Can Ever Stop. Birmingham: Birmingham Museum of Art ISBN 0907594972
- Fogle, Douglas, Francesco Bonami, David Moos & Andy Warhol (October 2005) "Andy Warhol/Supernova: Stars, Deaths, and Disasters, 1962-1964. Cincinnati: Walker Art Center. ISBN 0935640835
- Scherman, Tony, Jacques Henric, Hans Belting, David Moos & Sanford Kwinter (February 2000) Tony Scherman: Chasing Napoleon: Forensic Portraits. Moffat, Scotland: Cameron Books: ISBN 0906506158
- Diamond, Jessica & David Moos (2003) Jessica Diamond. York: York University Press. ISBN 0921972342