December 15 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2015: Mayor William Bell and City Council member Marcus Lundy got into a physical altercation at City Hall.
- 2013: The Eastwood K-Mart closed.
- 2007: Chelsea's Christmas parade was held.
- 2006: The bodies of John and Evelyn Martin, and their grandson Ryan Evans, missing since June, were found in a ravine near Bessemer.
- 2004: Forever Wild acquired the 462-acre Turkey Creek Tract at the Turkey Creek Nature Preserve.
- 1978: The Grateful Dead played Boutwell Auditorium.
- 1963: The nearly-completed Parliament House hotel was lit up with colored neon for the first time.
- 1956: The Hotel Stafford celebrated its grand opening in Tuscaloosa.
- 1901: Paul Cole joined the Birmingham Police Department.
- 1871: The Relay House hotel opened.
- 1938: Dannetta K. Thornton Owens was born in Birmingham.
- 1932: Coach John Lee Armstrong was born in Attalla.
- 1930: Minister John Claypool was born.
- 1840: Hotelier Margaret Ward was born in Rome, Georgia.
- 2018: Dannetta K. Thornton Owens died in Birmingham.
- 2014: Restaurateur George N. Sarris died.
- 2012: Jason Letts was shot and killed by police at St Vincent's Hospital.
- 2007: "Cookie Man" Rollie Hill died.
- 1917: Joseph Woodward, president of Woodward Iron Company