Delta Blues Hot Tamales
Delta Blues Hot Tamales was a casual restaurant owned by Adam Freis, former manager of the Tavern on the Summit, with his wife, Fawn. The restaurant featured cuisine from the Mississippi Delta, where Freis grew up.
Delta Blues originally opened on December 8, 2015 in the former Cobb Lane Restaurant location at 1318 Cobb Lane. The business lost its lease in early 2020 and temporarily closed, surviving as a pop-up vendor inside Interstellar Ginger Beer and Exploration Co. in Alabaster; and selling fry mix, manufactured at EATS Highland, at Burnette Farms Market & Cafe.
- Davis, Bryan (September 3, 2014) "Former Tavern on the Summit manager to launch Southside restaurant." Birmingham Business Journal
- Godwin, Brent (December 8, 2015) "New restaurant opens in Five Points South" Birmingham Business Journal
- Rebman, Stephanie (February 12, 2020) "Southside restaurant closes, but looking for new location." Birmingham Business Journal
- Rebman, Stephanie (June 9, 2020) "Former Five Points South restaurant to reopen in suburb." Birmingham Business Journal
- Claark, Cara (July 13, 2022) "Delta Blues Hot Tamales to close after seven years." Birmingham Business Journal