East Lake Theatre
The first East Lake Theatre was constructed in the late 1920s or early 1930s. In the 1940s the cinema was operated as as part of Frank Merritt's Community Theaters circuit. Its business dropped off when the Waters Theatre Company opened the new, larger College Theatre across the street in 1947.
Waters merged his chain with Community Theaters in 1950. Merritt retained ownership of the building, but operation of the cinema was turned over to Waters. Not long afterward, he closed the East Lake Theatre.
- East Lake Theater at cinematreasures.org