Eastminster Presbyterian Church

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Eastminster Presbyterian Church was located at 1751 Gadsden Highway in Trussville. The church was founded in 1991.

In 1994, Ellard Cemetery was relocated on land adjacent to the church and Jefferson Memorial Funeral Home and Gardens.

In 2013 Eastminster and nearby Grace Presbyterian Church merged to become Cahaba Springs Presbyterian Church. The merged congregation moved to Grace's location on Deerfoot Parkway on May 19. Eastminster's location was used for youth ministries, and its 5.5 acre site was put up for sale in 2014, as the location is adjacent to several commercial developments, including Colonial Promenade at Tutwiler Farm which is directly across the highway.

References

  • Lloyd, Gary (June 4, 2013) "Two Trussville Presbyterian churches merge." Trussville Tribune
  • Lloyd, Gary (August 20, 2013) "Merged Trussville churches to have new name, pastor." Trussville Tribune
  • Lloyd, Gary (April 8, 2014) "Real estate company taking bids for Trussville church property." Trussville Tribune