'Eli's Barbecue (later just Eli's or Eli's Drive-In) was a barbecue restaurant located at 2830 7th Avenue South in Lakeview. It was founded in 1946 and featured skillet-fried chicken and fresh-made pies as well as pit barbecue. The restaurant stayed open until 2:00 AM on weekends to serve late diners and provided curb service at all times.
Eli's was damaged by fire on March 6, 1950 and was repaired by contractor Thomas Brasfield, reopening later the same month. Another remodeling, with a $10,000 "all-electric kitchen," was completed in 1956.