Ephesus Seventh-Day Adventist Church

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Ephesus Seventh-Day Adventist Church is a predominantly African-American Seventh-Day Adventist church located at 105 6th Avenue North.

The church was founded as a house-to-house Bible study organized by M. C. Sturdivant in 1897. The "old church" was constructed in 1929.

A new church building was begun in 1946 under the leadership of J. G. Thomas. It was dedicated on Saturday April 19, 1952 with C. S. Myles as pastor. The old church building was kept by the congregation and converted for use as a church school. The school, now known as Ephesus Seventh-Day Adventist Academy, moved to the former Brakeworth Academy at 829 McMillon Avenue Southwest in 1975. That building was renovated and expanded in 1990.

In 1985 the 1952 church building was demolished. A new building was erected and occupied on April 19, 1986. It features a stained glass window of Christ crucified behind the pulpit.

Pastors

External links