Fifth Avenue Coffee House
Fifth Avenue Coffee House was a coffee shop operating at 1909 5th Avenue North in downtown Birmingham from 1996 to 2010. It was operated by Terry Tucker and Mary Claytor, who also own the two-story building, with a leased office upstairs.
In October 2010, Barry O'Hare, owner of the Afton Group which operated the Subway Sandwiches location at 204 20th Street North made an unsolicited offer on the ground floor retail space. Tucker and Claytor took the opportunity to close their coffee shop and signed a lease with him.
- Diel, Stan (October 28, 2010) "Fifth Avenue Coffee House exits downtown Birmingham spot after offer for spot from sandwich chain." Birmingham News
- Operation New Birmingham (December 2010) "Changes on 20th St". Synergy, p. 2