George Anderson

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

George L. Anderson (born July 18, 1859 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; ) was the founder of the G. L. Anderson Brass Works, a foundry that was later developed into the Anderson Electric Corporation.

Anderson was educated in Pittsburgh and learned casting and machining at his father's plant there. He moved to Birmingham in 1887 and opened his own brass foundry to supply the steel industry. He moved the foundry to a full block at 39th Street, between 9th and 10th Avenues, and was known for the care he took in personally planting the surroundings with trees and flowers.

References