George F. Wheelock Co.
In the 1920s the company closed their fabrication shop to focus on distribution. In 1928 the company moved to a newly-built office at 3013-3015 2nd Avenue South, designed by George's uncle, Harry Wheelock. The company expanded eastward in 1946-1948, and again in 1963 to reach the corner of 31st Street.
On April 1, 2011 the company was purchased by Mingledorff's Inc. of Norcross, Georgia and its Birmingham office began servicing all commercial sales in Alabama. That branch relocated to 3230 Messer Airport Highway in 2013 and the former Wheelock building was leased to Confederate Motors.
- Maynard, Michael (December 1, 2008) "Ahead of the Curve". Contracting Business