GracePoint at Mt Olive
GracePoint at Mt Olive is a United Methodist church located at 2451 Mount Olive Road in Mount Olive. The church was formerly known as Mount Olive United Methodist Church. The current pastor is Taylor Goodwin, who was appointed in 2019.
- In August of 1926, a meeting was held on the lawn at the home of Mr and Mrs Garvin Smith and the church was organized with a charter membership of 21 people. One of those members, Mr B. F. Gowins Jr donated several acres of land on Shady Grove Road and they named the church Shady Grove Methodist Episcopal Church.
- In 1950, plans were drawn up for an Education Building and it was completed in 1953.
- In 1957, a new sanctuary was built to replace the original.
- In 1968, the church name was changed to Mount Olive United Methodist Church.
- In 1996, the church purchased ten acres of land from Bernie Kent on Mount Olive Road and built a two-story multi-purpose building that served as both a gym and a sanctuary. The original location on Shady Grove Road was sold to another church.
- In 2008, a new sanctuary was built adjacent to the multi-purpose building. The first service was held on November 16, 2008.
- In September 2014, the church was renamed GracePoint at Mt Olive.
- GracePoint UMC website