HES Design House
The HES Design House (Building 7151) was a former dormitory and day care center on the campus of the University of Alabama used by the College of Human and Environmental Sciences to house its Department of Clothing, Textiles, and Interior Design.
The two-story red brick building on Delta Drive, behind the President's mansion, featured limestone details, a shallow broken-pediment entrance portico flanked by Ionic columns, and wooden bay windows to either side.
Originally a dormitory for female graduate students, the house was converted into a child development center in 1931. A west wing was added and the ground floor converted into playrooms in 1965 with funds from the Head Start program. When that facility opened their own facility in 2005, the building was converted for use as the "Design House", with a workroom, studio, kitchen, library, and classrooms on the ground floor and faculty offices above.
- "UA to demolish Design House over spring break" (March 20, 2014) Tuscaloosa News