Highland Town Hall
The Highland Town Hall was built as the center of government for the town of Highland from 1889 (two years after the town was incorporated in 1887) until 1893, when Highland was annexed into Birmingham.
The small frame structure was located on the northwest corner of 21st Street South at Highland Avenue, on the present site of the Highland Manor apartments. It housed the offices of the intendant (or mayor), the marshal, a jail and a small grocery store. It cost $285.00 to build.