Hot Diggity Dogs
Hot Diggity Dogs was a gourmet hot dog shop located at 430 41st Street South, entered from the stairs in 5th Avenue South, across from Avondale Park. It was opened by former Bottletree Cafe chef Tom Bagby in July 2016.
Bagby named the business for a former hot dog stand across from the Wheel-A-Wave Skatepark on West Valley Avenue. The business also served as a "cover" for the adjoining speakeasy, The Marble Ring, which was entered via a phone booth at the back of the hot dog stand.
Specialty hot dogs at Hot Diggity Dogs, available as all-beef Kosher or vegan tofu, included:
- Winky Dink Dog: Pimento cheese, mustard, onion
- Sayonara Dog: Surimi salad, pickled ginger, seaweed relish
- Oh Canadog!: Fries, cheese, gravy, onion
- Carolina Dog: Cole slaw, chili, barbecue sauce
- Deli Dog: Pastrami, kraut, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing
- Birmingham Dog: Mustard, onion, kraut, sauce
- The Motherload: Chili, mustard, onion, kraut, slaw.
- Emperor Gochujang: Gochujang slaw, pickled onion, Korean barbecue sauce
- Waimea Dog: Spam and pineapple relish, sriracha mayo
- Diablo Dog: Jalapeno, bacon, cheese, tortilla strips
- Carlton, Bob (August 2, 2016) "Hot Diggity Dogs opens in Avondale; check out the crazy menu." The Birmingham News
- Lane, Lauren (n.d.) "Hot Diggity Dog! These Creative Hot Dogs Will Knock Your Socks Off." StyleBlueprint