The Hudgins' Fountain was a large, multi-tiered cast-iron fountain which was given as a gift to the city of Birmingham from T. L. Hudgins. Hudgins, one of the city's earliest residents, founded the T. L. Hudgins & Co. private bank, then became president of the City Bank of Birmingham, which merged with the First National Bank of Birmingham.
Within a few years, and following Hudgins' death, the cast-iron fountain was widely considered an "eyesore" responsible for muddying that intersection. In December 1891 it was removed to Capitol Park (or "20th Street Park") by city crews.
The fountain was later dismantled and sold as scrap by the city.
- Dubose, John Witherspoon (1887) Jefferson County and Birmingham, Alabama: Historical and Biographical Birmingham: Teeple & Smith, Publishers; Caldwell Printing Works.
- "The Hudgins' Fountain." (December 15, 1891) Birmingham Age-Herald