The company was founded in 1887 in New Iberia, Louisiana as the "Iberia Building Association" and operated predominantly in Iberia Parish until beginning a series of rapid expansions in the 1990s. It currently operates from 250 office locations in 10 states across the South.
IberiaBank entered the Birmingham District on August 21, 2009 when it acquired the assets of failed Homewood-based CapitalSouth Bank. It moved its area headquarters from Grandview II at 3595 Grandview Parkway to 2000 International Park Drive in Hoover's International Park in early 2019.
- 2025 3rd Avenue North (Massey Building), Birmingham
- 1801 4th Avenue South (UAB Medical Center), Birmingham (closed March 28, 2018)
- 2340 Woodcrest Place (SouthBridge), Homewood
- 100 Euclid Avenue (Crestline Village), Mountain Brook
- 2824 Cahaba Road (Mountain Brook Village), Mountain Brook
- 613 Montgomery Highway, Vestavia Hills
- 1301 Decatur Highway, Fultondale (heavily damaged during April 27, 2011 tornado)
- 2765 John Hawkins Parkway (Riverchase), Hoover
- 2695 Pelham Parkway, Pelham
- Jarvis, Crystal (August 21, 2009) "CapitalSouth seized by regulators." Birmingham Business Journal
- Coker, Angel (December 21, 2017) "What big Hoover deal means for IberiaBank." Birmingham Business Journal
- IberiaBank website