Jim Burke Automotive Group
Burke sold his 25,000-square foot Nash showroom to William Bailey when he landed a Buick franchise in 1952. He built a new showroom north of downtown, beginning a series of expansions that was continued by his son, Jim Burke Jr, who took over the company in 1976.
In 2020 a group of current and former employees filed a racial discrimination complaint against the dealership with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Jim Burke Jaguar/Subaru/Isuzu/Saab, 2415 7th Avenue South, Birmingham
- Jim Burke Hyundai, 2505 Ensley Avenue, Ensley
- Jim Burke Pontiac/Buick/GMC, 1301 5th Avenue North, Birmingham
- Jim Burke Nissan, 1300 3rd Avenue North, Birmingham
- Jim Burke Chevrolet/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge, 1409 5th Avenue North, Birmingham
- Jim Burke Jaguar/Saab, 2415 7th Avenue South, Birmingham
- Jim Burke Nash, 300 22nd Street South, Birmingham (1945-1952)
- "Jim Burke sells Nash dealership, to open agency on Northside" (September 1952) The Birmingham News - via Birmingham Rewound
- "Jim Burke Automotive Group." (January 2007) Birmingham Then & Now Special Promotion. Birmingham magazine. Vol. 47, No. 1, p. 141
- Thornton, William (October 20, 2020) "Jim Burke Automotive Group employees say executive discriminated, used racial slurs." The Birmingham News
- Jim Burke Automotive Group website