Jimez's was a seafood restaurant located at 2903 Warrior River Road in Hueytown (later 2880 Allison-Bonnett Memorial Drive). It was founded in 1953 by Jimmy and Inez Pappas, who bought Mac's Place, a diner, from Dot McLendon.
In the 1960s, the owners invested in a major expansion, adding a new kitchen, storage rooms and the restaurant's first indoor restrooms. The dining room was expanded later to 240 seats.
The menu featured specials like Snapper Andoulade, Sauteed Froglegs Provencale, Athenian Speckled Trout, Broiled Snapper a la Byron, Stuffed Flounder, Lobster Newburg and Pompano. The wine list offered over 100 selections.
Jimez's served as a meeting hall for numerous professional and civic organizations in the Hueytown area.
The restaurant closed in 2002, with the property and equipment sold at auction. The site is now occupied by an express car wash.
- Plott, Bill (October 18, 2002) "Landmark Jimez's in Hueytown closing." Birmingham News