John T. Terry residence
The John T. Terry residence was a one-story frame house built in 1873 for Colonel John T. Terry on 7th Avenue North. Terry formulated the plans for a system of public schools for Birmingham in this house. After it was torn down, the lot was given to the city for construction of the Birmingham High School. The present Phillips High School now occupies the site.
- White, Marjorie Longenecker (1977) Downtown Birmingham: Architectural and Historical Walking Tour Guide. Birmingham: Birmingham Historical Society.