July 26 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2014: The first Schaeffer Eye Center CityFest festival was held at Railroad Park.
- 2008: The 23rd annual Function in the Junction was held in Ensley.
- 2002: Lanier Brown married Michelle Horn.
- 1910: Birmingham, Selma & Pensacola Railroad was incorporated.
- 1907: The South Birmingham Heights Land Company was incorporated.
- 1959: Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and writer Rick Bragg was born.
- 1955: Birmingham Board of Education member Wardine Alexander was born.
- 1914: Jazz composer and bandleader Erskine Hawkins was born.
- 1911: University administrator Delos Culp was born in Clanton.
- 2015: Former Alabama Superintendent of Education Wayne Teague died.
- 1950: Cartoonist W. Paul Pim died.
- 1892: Railroad executive and Elyton Land Company shareholder Samuel Tate died in Memphis, Tennessee.