K. D. Hardy
Hardy, the son of Roger Hardy, Jr and Patricia Hardy, played basketball at John Carroll Catholic High School and attended Alabama A&M University. After a stint with the U.S. Navy Reserve he married and moved to Atlanta, where he became a drug dealer. He was convicted and sent to prison in December 1999. While there he was challenged by his mother to turn his life around, he began studying for an associates degree in early childhood education. After his release in December 2005 he found work at a grocery store. He took courses in public speaking and wrote a memoir. He appeared frequently as a motivational speaker and continued to write books on parenting. He and his wife, Tracy, lived in Hoover and raised one son.
- Hardy, K. D. & Shelley A. W. Roy (2008) These Four Walls. self-published/Xulon Press ISBN 160477987X
- Hardy, K. D., Shelley A. W. Roy & Alana Garrett (2009) Freshman Orientation. self-published ISBN 0984431489
- Hardy, K. D. & Shelley A. W. Roy (2012) Parenting By Example for Drug-Free Kids. self-published ISBN 0984431470
- Hardy, K. D. & Alana Garrett (2012) The 52 Ultimate Leadership Principles for Parents. self-published ISBN 1467541613
- Hardy, K. D. & Alana Garrett (2012) The 52 Ultimate Leadership Principles for Teens. self-published ISBN 1467541605
- Hardy, K. D. & Alana Garrett (2012) The 52 Ultimate Leadership Principles for the Person Climbing the Corporate Ladder. self-pubished ISBN 1467541591