Ken Del Building
The Ken Del Building is a two-story, 10,000-square foot commercial building located at 5601 1st Avenue North, on the southeast corner of 56th Street South in Woodlawn. It was built in 1909 and formerly housed King's Catfish, Nick's Grill, and Nick's Sundries.
It was purchased and renovated for offices in 1980 by Ken and Delilah Gerelds.
In 2018 the City of Birmingham purchased the building and adjoining 35-space parking lot from the Ken Gerelds Company for $457,000 as the site of a planned Bus Rapid Transit station.
- Almost Anything furniture (2000)
- Ken Gerelds & Associates drafting (2000)
- Maston Evans, attorney
- Mason & Mason, tax preparers
- Clockwork 247 Entertainment
- Express Transportation
- Queen of Peace Radio (2000)
- Suite 100: F. D. Miles real estate appraiser (2000)
- Suite 103: Oscar Morgan III, attorney
- Suite 106: Tom Plouff, attorney
- Suite 107: Crossroads to Intervention, Serenity Transport, Inc.
- Suite 108: Woodlawn Housing Affordable Mission
- Suite 200: Professional Drafting Services (2000)
- Chambers, Jesse (August 14, 2018) "Birmingham City Council appropriates money for capital improvements" Iron City Ink