List of Birmingham homicides in 1921
This is a List of Birmingham homicides in 1921. It includes homicide cases occuring within the city limits during the calendar year. Note that not all homicides are ultimately ruled to be murder in courts of law.
Birmingham had ___ homicides in 1921.
- August 11: Father James Coyle was shot to death at the rectory adjoining St Paul's Catholic Church. Edwin Stephenson, a Methodist minister whose daughter's marriage had been presided over by Coyle, was charged with the murder. A jury found him not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. (Davies-2009)
- December 21: Joseph Mantione was robbed and killed by a reputed gang of axe murderers.
- December 21: The wife of Joseph Mantione was killed in the same attack.
- December 21: Mose Parker was robbed and killed by a reputed gang of axe murderers.
- Birmingham News reports accessed at the microfilm room of the Birmingham Public Library
Davies, Sharon (2009) Rising Road:A True Tale of Love, Race, and Religion in America. New York, New York: Oxford University Press ISBN 0195379799