List of homicides in 1992
This is a List of homicides in 1992, including any homicides reported in the area during 1992.
Note that a "homicide" refers to the cause of death as determined by a medical examiner, not to the crime of murder as charged by prosecutors and determined by plea or trial.
- This list is incomplete and may never satisfy any subjective standard for completeness. You can help Bhamwiki by expanding it.
- March 23: Braxton Brown, owner of West Point Grocery in northwestern Cullman County, was robbed, abducted and shot in the face by Max Landon Payne. Payne was convicted and sentenced to death. He was executed by lethal injection on October 8, 2009. (report)
- April 9: Mollan Allen Eakes, 15, and another Oneonta High School student were found beaten to death and drowned in Shades Creek below a U.S. Highway 150 bridge. Christopher Thrasher, Carvin Stargell and Nathan Gast, alleged members of the Gangster Disciples street gang, were convicted and sentenced to life in prison. Gast, who pleaded guilty and led authorities to a third victim who survived, was given the possibility of parole. After he was denied parole in three hearings Judge David Carpenter re-sentenced him to 20 years, allowing his release due to time already served. In October 2017 Carpenter, complying with a court order to review sentences for minors, also re-sentenced Thrasher and Stargell to life without parole. (report)
- April 9: Kevin Eugene Duncan, 14, was found dead in the same incident.
- 141 homicides (list)
- December 31: Jo Deann Campbell was found raped and killed in her apartment. Two men were charged. Christopher Eugene Brooks was convicted and sentenced to death. He was executed by lethal injection on January 21, 2016. (report)
- 12 homicides
- Reeves, Wendy (January 1, 1996) "First murder of '95 unsolved" Tuscaloosa News