List of homicides in 1995
This is a List of homicides in 1995, including any homicides reported in the area during 1995.
Note that a "homicide" refers to the cause of death as determined by a medical examiner, not to the crime of murder as charged by prosecutors and determined by plea or trial.
- This list is incomplete and may never satisfy any subjective standard for completeness. You can help Bhamwiki by .
- 133 homicides (list)
- May 21: Irene Carter, 78, was found beaten and stabbed to death in her bed. No arrest. A $5,000 reward is offered for information leading to a conviction. (report)
- October 26: Nathan King, 20, was shot to death along with a friend at Turkey Creek Falls. Wesley Quick and Shellie Kitchen were identified by Jason Beninati as having told him about the murders, allegedly committed under the influence of LSD. They were arrested and charged with murder. Kitchen pleaded to a lesser charge of aiding and was sentenced to two years in prison. Quick was found guilty at trial in 1997 and sentenced to death. His conviction was vacated in 2001 because he had not been provided with a trial transcript to aid in his appeal. At retrial he countered that Beninati was actually the murderer, and that he had threatened Quick and Kitchen. Beninati testimony provided enough reasonable doubt for Quick to be acquitted of the murder charge. Shortly afterwards he was arrested and charged with a string of burglaries. He was convicted on those charges and sentenced to serve 76 years in prison. (report)
- October 26: John Hughes, 18, was killed in the same incident.
- 15 homicides
- January 4: Edwin Lorenzo Green, 29, was shot while walking with his girlfriend from the Community Soup Bowl to his home at 1921 Jemison Avenue. The suspect was driving a red low-rider pickup truck. No arrests.
- March 25: Mattie Wesson, 70, was raped and murdered in her home in the Holt community during a burglary. Eddie Duval Powell was convicted and sentenced to death. He was executed by lethal injection on June 16, 2011.
- April 15: Ebious Jennings, 2, was pronounced dead at DCH Regional Medical Center. The cause of death was determined to be trauma and brain damage caused by shaking. His mother's boyfriend, Willie Dorrell Minor, was arrested and charged with murder. Minor escaped from jail, but was recaptured, convicted and sentenced to death. A new trial was ordered on appeal and he was again convicted and sentenced to death in 2001. Minor, then 45, died of natural causes in the infirmary at Donaldson Correctional Facility in December 2018. (report)
- December 31: Laymon Grant, 57, was found dead in his home at 2805 10th Avenue in Tuscaloosa. No arrest.
- Reeves, Wendy (January 1, 1996) "First murder of '95 unsolved" Tuscaloosa News