List of homicides in 2000
This is a List of homicides in 2000, including all cases investigated in the Birmingham District.
- 90 homicides, see List of Birmingham homicides in 2000
- November 17: Excell Hollomann III, 25, shot during an argument near his home on McClain Street. The case was reopened by cold-case investigators from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office in 2005. They identified the shooter as a man currently serving time in federal prison in Missouri. He has not yet been charged. An accomplice, Mac Wayne Early, was charged and pleaded guilty in January 2008. He was sentenced to 20 years with a minimum of 2 served and 5 years probation. Early was shot to death on December 6, 2018. 
- October 7: Raffeal Perry was shot to death in the parking deck of the Riverchase Galleria in a dispute over a drug deal. Jennifer Brown was convicted of murder and sentenced to 25 years in prison by Judge Tommy Nail. (report)
- 14 homicides
- December 30: Bennie Francis Murray, 67, was beaten and strangled to death and left on a roadside between Jasper and Nauvoo. Her truck was found abandoned in Kentucky and suspect Michael Wayne Eggers was tracked to Kissimmee, Florida where he was arrested and extradited back to Walker County for prosecution. He was convicted of capital murder before Judge James Brotherton in 2002 and sentenced to death. The conviction and sentence were upheld by the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals. Eggers later dismissed his appointed attorneys and waived further appeals. That action was reviewed by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court was rejected. Eggers was executed by lethal injection on March 15, 2018 at Holman Correctional Facility in Atmore, Escambia County. (report)
This list is incomplete and may never satisfy any subjective standard for completeness. You can help Bhamwiki by.
- National Archive of Criminal Justice. cited in Hollars, B. J. (Fall 2011) "Martyrs...to a Mock Cause: Murder, Mayhem, and an Honorable Scrubbing in Tuscaloosa." Alabama Heritage. No. 102, pp. 28-35