List of homicides in 2003
This is a List of homicides in 2003, including all homicides reported in the area during 2003.
Note that a "homicide" refers to the cause of death as determined by a medical examiner, not to the crime of murder as charged by prosecutors and determined by plea or trial.
This list is incomplete and may never satisfy any subjective standard for completeness. You can help Bhamwiki by.
- September 26: Serena Cate, 16 months, died at Children's Hospital from blunt force trauma. Her adoptive mother, Tonya Cate, pleaded "best interest" to a charge of manslaughter and was sentenced to 20 years. She was released on probation, however, having been incarcerated for 9 years before the verdict was reached in January 2014. (report)
- August 31: Darius Dewayne Roberts, 19, was shot and killed while in his car at the intersection of 4th Avenue and 9th Street. No arrest. A $5,000 reward for information leading to a conviction has been offered by the Governor's office. (report)
- November 11: Sharon Jean Hannah, 41, was found shot to death on the 100 block of Avenue J. No arrest. A $5,000 reward for information leading to a conviction has been offered by the Governor's office. (report)
- 85 homicides (list)
- June: Wayne Earl Ellis was beaten to death in Lincoln by Lincoln Police officers Kenneth Pollard and Kevin Jung. Pollard and Jung were seperately convicted of murder in 2005. Pollard lost an appeal of his conviction in 2010. (report)
- August 19: Heaven LaShea Ross, 11, went missing during her walk from home at the Willowbrook Trailer Park in Northport and the bus stop for her ride to Collins-Riverside Middle School. Her remains were found on December 19, 2006 beneath an abandoned house backing up to Hurricane Creek off 44th Court and Crescent Ridge Road in Holt. The cause of death has not been publicized, and her murder has not been solved. (report)