The Marre building was a two-story stone building constructed on the northeast corner of 1st Avenue North and 19th Street by Andrew Marre for his Marre & Allen grocery and general store.
A dentist, A. Eubank, opened an office in the building in November 1874. In 1875 Marre added an awning supported on cast iron columns to improve the entrance to Isaac Hoschstadter's New York Store. Hamilton Beggs of the Mineral City Foundry produced the columns.
By 1884 the building housed Marre's cotton-buying business as well as the Ruby Saloon, Jonas Schwab's furniture and jewelry store, and the offices of the Birmingham Board of Trade.
The building survived until 1895 when it was demolished for the Louis Saks Clothiers store.