By the 1940s, the family purchased the former Graves Building in downtown Birmingham to serve as their primary baking facility, with a bake shop at 1731 4th Avenue North. The business would expand, and Marsh baked goods were available in all local Pizitz stores through the 1950s when the downtown facility closed. A second bake shop opened at 1122 Tuscaloosa Avenue in the 1940s.
The bakery moved into a former Frostop drive-in at 2916 3rd Avenue West (Bessemer Road) in Birmingham's Fairview neighborhood, modifying the root beer can-shaped sign into a two-tiered birthday cake. This location remained open through 2005. The landmark sign was removed in 2011.
- "Marsh Bakery History" Marshbakery.com - accessed September 1, 2006