McLester & Van Hoose

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

McLester & Van Hoose was a grocery wholesaler founded in Fall 1881 when Joseph McLester bought half-interest in the year-old J. M. Maxwell & Company from J. M. Maxwell's estate. He and the other partner, Reverend James Van Hoose, continued the business.

In 1885 they built a new brick warehouse at 2023 Morris Avenue, and expanded westward in 1887.

References