Melissa Galt (born c. 1962 in Southern California) is an interior designer, educator and author living and working in Atlanta. She is a great-granddaughter of architect Frank Lloyd Wright and daughter of actress Anne Baxter.
Galt earned her bachelor of science in hotel administration from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York and began her career as a purchaser for hotel interiors. She then went on to Southern Institute in Birmingham where she graduated with honors in Interior design. During and after this time at Southern Institute, Galt taught evening classes in UAB Special Studies on "How to Collect Art." After her move to Atlanta, Galt taught design classes at Emory University and worked as a business coach before launching her interior design practice in 1994.
Galt has a radio show called "The Art Full Life." She is a member of many professional organizations including National Association of Remodelers (NARI), International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA), Atlanta Designers Network (ADN) and is on the board of the Interior Design Society.
- Galt, Melissa (2012, revised 2nd edition 2015) Celebrate Your Life! 101 Ways to Live Tuned In, Turned On, Engaged and Connected Every Day. Hayden, Idaho: By Design Publishing ISBN 9780979010316
- Galt, Melissa & Doug Smart (2005) Live Every Day, Motivated, Successful and Happy. Roswell, Georgia: James and Brookfield Publishers ISBN 9780977191222
- Galt, Melissa (2006) Celebrate Your Life! The Art of Celebrating Every Day. Hayden, Idaho: By Design Publishing ISBN 9780979010309
- Galt, Melissa (2015) Move It Forward: 31 Days to a More Prosperous You in Business and Life. Hayden, Idaho: By Design Publishing, electronic format
- Melissa Galt interior design website