Misses Howard School
The Misses Howard School for Girls was a private high school for "select young ladies" which was founded in 1920 by Pearl and Bonnie Howard.
The school first held classes in the former R. D. Johnson residence at 17th Street and 12th Avenue South, which soon became part of the site of Ramsay High School. The girls school then moved to 3075 Highland Avenue, across from Independent Presbyterian Church.
The former school building was demolished after the school closed in the 1970s. The site is now a parking lot for the church.