- This article is about the downtown bakery. For other uses, see Mix (disambiguation).
Mix was a bakery and café located at 1820 4th Avenue North in the former Restaurant G space at One Federal Place. The business was opened in January 2011 by Corey Hinkel and Chris Dupont. It closed December 20, 2013, after which Carole Griffin redecorated and took over the lease, opening a second location of Continental Bakery.
Mix café used many locally-made products, including Fudge Family Farms pork, Owls Hollow Farm vegetables, Petals from the Past fruits, and Good People Brewing Company beers. It also supplied bread and pastries for Dupont's restaurants and the Melt food truck.
- Natta, André (December 14, 2010) "A place to Mix it up downtown" The Terminal
- Carlton, Bob (January 14, 2011) "Birmingham chef Chris Dupont teams with baker Corey Hinkel to open Mix bakery and cafe." The Birmingham News
- Carlton, Bob (January 9, 2014) "Mountain Brook's Continental Bakery is opening a second location in downtown Birmingham." The Birmingham News
- Gallery:Mix photographs by Michelle Campbell at al.com