NXTSoft is a Birmingham-based company that develops education and training programs in the financial security and cybersecurity sectors. It was founded in 2017 as a holding company for ThreatAdvice and BankerAdvice divisions, and is headed by CEO David Brasfield and president Steve Hines. Other partners include Randy Goggans and Ray Martin. The company's main offices are located at 850 Corporate Parkway in the Meadow Brook Corporate Park.
In late 2018 NXTSoft acquired Echo Partners LLC of Memphis, Tennessee. In March 2019 the company acquired Birmingham's Integrated Legacy Solutions and retaining CEO Kris Bishop as head of the division. That August it acquired CCMC, Inc. of Orlando, Florida.
In 2020 NXTSoft consolidated its Integrated Legacy Solution, ThreatAdvice and CMCC divisions under the NXTsoft name.
ThreatAdvice founded in 2016, is a consulting firm that provides cybersecurity education and training to employers. Jason Asbury is president of that division. Jennifer Skjellum, former president of TechBirmingham, heads the company's Chattanooga, Tennessee-based blockchain and crypto innovation department.
In 2016 ThreatAdvice began offering its clients discounted subscriptions to LifeLock's credit monitoring and identity protection insurance programs.
In 2018 the company contracted with the State of Alabama and with Hoover City Schools to conduct employee training programs. Late that year ThreatAdvice hired former confidence man and anti-fraud consultant Frank Abagnale to serve as its spokesperson.
With the company's reorganization in 2020, ThreatAdvice continued as a NXTSoft platform under Asbury's leadership.
BankerAdvice is the financial security division of NXTSoft.
Through the acquisition of Springhouse Digital in May 2018, BankerAdvice added Starr Largin and Gary Foster to its executive staff. The company's "Springhouse Compliance" division hosts the "FiHub" communications platform for banking professionals, "AuditBridge" risk assessment software, and IntelliSense cycersecurity threat assessment.
With NXTSoft's reorganization in 2020, BankerAdvice was rebranded as the Omni platform with Rich Longo as its head. The Integrated Legacy Solution product line was renamed OmniData, joined to the Omni Connect and OmniLytics products from CMCC.
- Patchen, Tyler (January 3, 2018) "New Birmingham fintech company raises $2M." Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (February 14, 2018) "Former TechBirmingham leader joins ThreatAdvice." Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (September 21, 2018) "ThreatAdvice lands contract with state of Alabama." Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (October 12, 2018) "Birmingham cybersecurity company acquires Denver-based fintech platform." Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (December 6, 2018) "NXTsoft acquires Memphis-based company; plans new product." Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (February 4, 2020) "NXTsoft consolidates three entities under one name." Birmingham Business Journal
- NXTSoft website