Oak Grove Road
Oak Grove Road is an approximately one mile long road in West Homewood.
Oak Grove Road was originally built to connect Oxmoor Road with a local dairy farm and the Shades Creek Waste Water Treatment Plant located near Shades Creek. In 1957 the Homewood City Council created a business district at the intersection of Raleigh Avenue and Oak Grove Road.
When construction began on Lakeshore Parkway in the late 1980's a tunnel was dug under Lakeshore Parkway to keep the road continuous until it reached the filter plant. However, the tunnel was removed from use when John Carroll High School was constructed in the early 1990's.
- For an alphabetical list of locations, see the Oak Grove Road category.
- Oxmoor Road intersection (road begins)
- 600: Pizzeria GM
- Raleigh Avenue intersects
- 701-715: Westwood commercial strip
- 816: Homewood Patriot Park
- 914: Oakmont United Methodist Church
- road terminates just before John Carroll High School and starts again on the south side of Lakeshore Parkway.
- 1331: Shades Creek Waste Water Treatment Plant (road terminus)