October 10 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2015: Trinity Hospital moved its patients and operations from its Montclair Road campus to its new location in the Grandview Medical Center.
- 2009: The 35th annual St Clair County Fall Festival was held.
- 1995: Richard Arrington Jr won a 5th consecutive term as Mayor of Birmingham in the 1995 Birmingham mayoral election.
- 1983: UAB's University Center opened.
- 1980: Governor Fob James appointed Oscar Adams Jr to the Alabama Supreme Court.
- 1948: Canterbury Methodist Church merged with Mountain Brook Methodist Church.
- 1945: The Ringling Brothers & Barnum and Bailey Circus began a two-day stop at Rickwood Field.
- 1891: The Birmingham Railway & Electric Company began electric car service in Birmingham.
- 1964: UAB and Puerto Rican national team basketball player Jerome Mincy was born.
- 1960: NBA player Rod Foster was born.
- 1956: Jazz pianist Johnny O'Neal was born.
- 1933: Hair stylist and Manson family victim Jay Sebring was born.
- 1825: Judge Mitchell Porter was born in Montevallo.
- 2015: Ramsay High School choir director Myrna Ria Ross died.
- 2009: Restauranteur Frank Carnaggio died.
- 2009: Delta Air Lines executive Robert Wharton III died in St Petersburg, Florida.
- 1980: Kapali Swamy was born in Mississippi.
- 1972: Lawyer and U.S. Senator Tom Stewart died.
- 1875: Farmer and Tannehill Ironworks owner Ninian Tannehill died.