Orr & Lanning

From Bhamwiki
(Redirected from Orr & Lanning Livery Stable)
Jump to: navigation, search
Orr & Lanning in 1909

Orr & Lanning was a livery stable operating as W. F. Orr from 2108 1st Avenue North in the 1880s and from the corner of 17th Street and 2nd Avenue North (Block 88) in the early 1900s.

Orr leased property from the Elyton Land Company for $16.67 per month beginning on December 14, 1881. He constructed a brick stable the following year, but then sold it and the lease to Sallie Stokes in July 1882.

By 1909 the business was operated by J. C. Orr and W. O. Lanning. It boasted a massive brick stable at the present site of the Phoenix Lofts, offering carriages, broughams, traps and light livery.

References