Brock Drugs building
The Brock Drugs building was a three-story brick building at the corner of 18th Street and 4th Avenue North (the present site of Eddie Kendrick Memorial Park). It was built in 1915 and housed the Brock Drug Company from 1928 to 1962 and the Palm Leaf Hotel from 1925 to 1977.
The ground floor drug store was a popular meeting place throughout its existence. The hotel was often used by visiting African American athletes and musicians.
The building was torn down in the 1980s.
- Urban Impact, Inc. (2002) Brock Drugs Building historical marker at Eddie Kendrick Memorial Park.