Palmer Norris Center
The Palmer Norris Center was a CapitalSouth Bank operations center and community center located at 1209 Decatur Highway in Fultondale. The building previously held a Bank of Alabama branch, Fultondale's first bank. It was opened in 1975 in part due to the efforts of Palmer "Pete" Norris, who also became a member of the bank's board of directors at that time. A newer bank was constructed in 2005 adjacent to the older one, at which time the older building was converted into an operations and community center. CapitalSouth Bank, Bank of Alabama's new name, CEO Dan Puckett decided to name the bank for Norris.
After CapitalSouth failed in 2009, IberiaBank put the building on the market. The vacant building was heavily damaged during the April 27, 2011 supercell tornado which caused heavy damage in the area.
CapitalSouth Bank branch
|1209 Decatur Highway
- "Palmer Norris Center" . (April 1, 2005). CapitalSouth Bank. Accessed November 5, 2007.