Park 35 on Clairmont
The site of Park 35 on Clairmont was previously divided up into several smaller apartment complexes, including the Patio Club Apartments, Forest Park Cove Apartments, Clairhill Apartments, Basset Apartments and Fairway View Apartments. Between them, those complexes had 188 units.
Those properties were demolished in 2006 for a joint venture by Formation Methods, Hinton Properties and Netherlands-based Euro American Advisors to create a 216-unit luxury condominium development. That project was halted by a national real estate crisis. In 2008 Formation Methods announced plans to work with outside investors to construct a single 247-apartment community, tentatively to be called Clairmont Apartment Homes. However, no work was done. In late 2012 Houston, Texas developer Jim Charnquist announced a tentative $35 million venture with Birmingham's Bloc Global to revive the 247-unit scheme, but that deal also floundered.
In 2014 the Bristol Development Group of Tennessee announced that they had purchased the site from SA Challenger Inc. of San Diego, California for $4.3 million and planned a 246-unit Bristol Clairmont apartment community there. Brasfield & Gorrie won the $43 million bid for construction and began site work in the summer of 2015. The first units opened up in September 2016 with the project completed in January 2017.
Bristol's Park 35 on Clairmont was designed by JDavis Architects of Raleigh, North Carolina. The complex features a secured parking garage, swimming pool, clubhouse and landscaped courtyard.
In late 2019 the property was sold to the Passco Companies of Irvine, California for $68.2 million.
- Coman, Victoria L. (October 11, 2006) "Apartments on Clairmont being razed to build condos." The Birmingham News
- Coman, Victoria L. (March 5, 2008) "New Clairmont Avenue apartments slated for 2009". The Birmingham News
- Poe, Ryan (November 19, 2012) "Clairmont apartment developers near financing deal for $35M project." Birmingham Business Journal
- Davis, Bryan (July 17, 2014) "How Berkadia sold Bristol Development on its new Clairmont site." Birmingham Business Journal
- Godwin, Brent (September 11, 2015) "Brasfield & Gorrie breaks ground for Park 35 on Clairmont." Birmingham Business Journal
- Van der Bijl, Hanno (November 5, 2019) "Forest Park multifamily property sells for $68M." Birmingham Business Journal