Pepper Place is a multi-building, 350,000-square-foot retail and office development in and around the former Dr Pepper Building and Martin Biscuit Building on 2nd Avenue North in Lakeview. The redevelopment began as a project of Sloss Real Estate in 1990.
Pepper Place is the home of the popular Pepper Place Saturday Market on Saturday mornings during the summer.
In February 2019 Pepper Place began operating as a permitted "Entertainment District", allowing businesses within the district with alcohol licenses to allow drinks to be taken off premises within the district's boundaries and during certain hours.
- al.com offices
- Bettola, restaurant
- Cantina restaurant
- GoPro Event Solutions
- Mental Floss offices
- The Red Cat, coffee house
- Zoe's Kitchen offices
- Agnes gallery
- Amani Raha nightclub
- Atmosphere (-2018)
- Bear Creek Glass
- Juniper bar
- Pepper Place General Store (-December 31, 2010)
- Scout Branding Company (2006-2014)
- Paul, Donna (January 25, 2011) "Daughter of Birmingham Plans Revival" The New York Times
- Godwin, Brent (January 16, 2019) "Pepper Place gains entertainment district status." Birmingham Business Journal