Planters' Exchange Saloon

From Bhamwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Planters' Exchange Saloon was a bar operated at 221 20th Street North, at "the same old stand, the oldest in the city."

It was operated by J. E. Richardson in the 1880s and 1890s, by W. D. Richardson in 1899, and by John Maul and Newberry & Locascio by 1904. In 1899 the saloon advertised fine whiskies, wines, brandies and cigars, with "jug trade a specialty" and "furnished room to let."

The saloon closed in 1905. The 2-story, 3,000 square-foot brick building, which was owned by F. R. Lykes, was sold to the City Land Company for $21,500.


  • "The News of Birmingham" (February 15, 1905) Montgomery Advertiser